Language Enhance Program (LEP)
The overarching objective of the LEP program is to prepare students to meet the English language proficiency requirements for the MSM-MBA program. Small class sizes enable faculty to provide individualized attention to students, as well as multiple opportunities for feedback and revision.
This course is designed to increase your current level of English from IELTS 4.5 or equivalent to an IELTS band 6.0 or equivalent, which is the minimum level required for MBA courses. This course focuses on improving general English initially and then builds up to academic skills such as taking notes, contributing to seminars, making presentations, handling reading assignments and writing essays and reports. Throughout the LEP course, you can attend the MBA class so that you can practice and improve your English skills in the real-life MBA environment.
Academic English class (AEC)
The AEC course is designed for students who have already met the English language-facility requirement for their intended MBA program. It will provide you with greater confidence and will enhance your language skills so you can succeed in the MBA course.
The purpose of this course is to assist participants in developing the academic reading and writing skills necessary for success in MBA study. In particular, this intensive course will focus on:
- Enhancing reading skills which are vital to effective reading comprehension such as skimming, scanning and summarizing;
- Enhancing ability to read and understand well and fast, a valuable asset in research works for a Master degree;
- Strengthening writing ability in general topics with various coordinating strategies;
- Improving analytical, evaluating and debating skills;
- Developing the thinking power as well as brainstorming and organizing skills essential in good essay writing with helpful tools for acquiring general knowledge, choosing appropriate words and arranging ideas for a good essay outline;
- Enabling participants to write essay as part of their Master Program.